COVID-19 Vaccine Information
With the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, it puts those that are not vaccinated at even greater risk. The Auglaize County COVID-19 vaccine providers ask residents to continue practicing the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) safety recommendations of wearing a facial covering, social distancing, washing your hands often, staying home if you’re sick, and to get vaccinated in order to help reduce the spread of the virus and keep you, your family, and your friends safe.
WALK-IN COVID-19 VACCINE APPOINTMENT SCHEDULING IS NOT AVAILABLE.
To schedule a COVID-19 Moderna Vaccine (available for ages 18+), please call 419-738-3410 and select option 4. If staff are unable to answer, you will be asked to leave your contact information and a scheduling representative will return your call with scheduling options. Vaccine availability will depend on the amount of vaccine we receive. Please continue to monitor our website, social media, and local media for future updates.
**If you have a COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment with us and need to cancel, please call 419-738-3410 and select option 4**
The following groups currently qualify for the FIRST dose of the COVID-19 vaccine:
- 5 years of age and older
- With parental or legal guardian consent, individuals age 5 years and older are eligible to receive the Pfizer/Comirnaty vaccine. The Moderna and Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccines are only authorized for those that are 18 years of age and older.
A BOOSTER dose of the Pfizer/Comirnaty COVID-19 vaccine has been approved for all individuals age 12 and older at least 5 months following the completion of the Pfizer/Comirnaty series.
A BOOSTER dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine has been approved for all individuals age 18 and older at least 5 months following the completion of the Moderna series.
A BOOSTER dose has been authorized for all recipients of the single-dose Johnson & Johnson/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine. Anyone age 18 or older who received a Johnson & Johnson vaccine can get a second booster dose at least 2 months following the initial dose.
An ADDITIONAL dose of the COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer/Comirnaty and Moderna only) has been approved for the following groups:
- Individuals with moderate to severe immunosuppression who are at heightened risk for serious outcomes from COVID-19.
- Those qualifying for an additional dose are strongly recommended to speak with their doctor to determine next steps. A patient’s doctor is best positioned to determine the need for an additional vaccine dose.
- For additional information regarding the COVID-19 Vaccination Program please visit https://gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov or https://www.vaccines.gov/
We encourage you to contact other COVID-19 Vaccine Providers for availability of appointments.
- Grand Lake Health System: GLHS is scheduling patients 5+ for Covid-19 vaccines, including additional / booster doses of Pfizer and Moderna vaccine as indicated above. To request an appointment, please call (419) 300-1132 and leave a voicemail. Patients will be contacted by phone to schedule their vaccine appointment.
- Mercy Health/St. Rita's: Information regarding Mercy Health’s clinic locations and times for first dose and additional doses can be found on the Gettheshotcoronavirus.ohio.gov website. You can also call 419-996-5000 for available locations.
- Kroger: Kroger has established a vaccine power hour during the first hour of business at our pharmacies and Little Clinic locations, Monday through Friday, solely dedicated to providing COVID-19, flu, and other vaccines at all locations. All vaccine appointments should be made online at www.Kroger.com/covidvaccine or www.Kroger.com/flu
- Walmart Pharmacy: Walmart Pharmacy located in Wapakoneta, Ohio, is currently offering the COVID-19 vaccine to ages 5 and older, and all 3 approved Booster doses. With an increase in demand appointments are strongly encouraged. Walk-Ins are accepted but may be expected to wait a longer period of time. Pharmacy business hours are Monday-Friday from 9:00am to 8:30pm, Saturday from 9:00am to 6:30pm, and Sunday 10:00am to 5:30pm. For more information please call (419) 738-0490. To schedule an appointment for your vaccine, please visit www.Walmart.com/covidvaccine
- Lima Memorial Health System: For information on scheduling an appointment to receive the vaccine through the Lima Memorial Health System please call (419) 998-4491 or visit their website www.limamemorial.org/vaccine.
- CVS Pharmacy: The CVS Pharmacy located in Wapakoneta is now offering COVID-19 vaccine appointments. Please visit www.cvs.com for information on making an appointment and additional details.
- Rite Aid Pharmacy St. Marys: The Rite Aid Pharmacy located in St. Marys is now offering the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine. Please visit https://www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/scheduler for information on making an appointment and additional details.
To view an interactive map of all Ohio COVID-19 Vaccine providers, click here: https://vaccine.coronavirus.ohio.gov/
For additional information regarding the COVID-19 Vaccine Program please visit https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/covid-19-vaccinatio... or https://gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov
- Any Ohioan ages 5+ can receive the Pfizer vaccine
- Any Ohioan 18+ can recieve the Moderna or the Johnson and Johnson Vaccine.