Request In Person: Visit our office Monday – Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm To expedite the process, you can print out and complete the... Read More
Certified death certificate for an individual who passed away in Auglaize County may be obtained from our office.
Death Certificates and Social Security Numbers:
As of October 15,2015, for the first five years after the date of death, the social security number of the deceased will not be included on the death certificate unless the requestor is:
• The deceased’s spouse, or lineal descendant
• The deceased’s executor, attorney, or legal agent
• A representative of an investigative government agency
• A private investigator
• A funeral director (or agent responsible for disposition of the body)acting on behalf of the deceased’s family
• A veteran’s service officer
• An accredited member of the media
Individuals requesting a death certificate with the social security number included mustindicate on their application that they are requesting the SSN be included, and submit satisfactory identification to the registrar or clerk.