Please call (419)738-3410 to schedule an appointment, and go to our Family Planning Clinic page for more information.
New School Vaccination Requirements
All students entering 7th and 12th grade
must have the meningococcal vaccine.
About the Vaccine
- The vaccine protects against meningococcal disease, a serious illness.
- The disease can cause blindness, loss of limbs, and even death.
- Teens and young adults are at greater risk of getting the disease.
- The disease can come on quickly and without warning, with symptoms similar to the flu.
- The vaccine is not new. It has been routinely recommended for over a decade. It is now required for school entry.
- Your child can get the vaccine at the same time as other adolescent vaccines (i.e. Tdap).
- The vaccine is safe and effective.
- If you don't have insurance, the vaccine is available through the Vaccines for Children Program (VFC). Check with your healthcare provider or local health department to see if your child is eligible.
Even kids who have received one dose may need a booster. Check with your healthcare provider.
For more information, contact the Ohio Department of Health at (800) 282-0546 or visit us online at odh.ohio.gov
Tuesday, July 26, 2016